Little Red School House

Moving The Little Red Schoolhouse
Moving the Schoolhouse

Watch the Video

The little red school house was moved from 278 Central Ave. (near Webster St.) to the front lawn of the Newman Elementary School on February 26, 2005. The house was loaded onto a trailer and ready to be moved at 8:00 at night. The move was supposed to take place at night and finish at 8:00 the next morning, but delays occurred at the house did not reach the Newman Elementary School until 2:00 the next day. During the move traffic was stopped and RCN, Comcast, Verizon and NStar had to coordinate work to drop cable TV, electric and phone lines so that the house could pass through the street. Since then the little red school house has been changed to look the way that it did in the 1800's. It was attached to the Mills House, which was also moved onto the front lawn of the Newman Elementary School from next door. The little red school house is now used as part of the Needham Historical Society which is attached next door in the Mills House.

Original Schoolhouse

The Upper Falls School House at its original location at 278 Central Ave and at its new home. 
Restored Schoolhouse

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2018 West Corporation. All rights reserved.